Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Education in Schools Today

Write a blog post about an event or experience in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education.

Both my sister and mother are educators so I have a strong appreciation for education and a first hand view of how schools are today. I have noticed how hard my sister and mother work. They are constantly developing lesson plans, planning projects, creating new ideas, and gathering materials. I feel that teaching is not only a year round profession but it is also a 7 day a week profession!

I have been fortunate to visit both my mother's kindergarten classroom and my sister's second grade classroom. I love how welcoming and warm they both are, even to an adult! There are tons of areas where students are invited to work, play and create. I find that classrooms today as well as education is totally about the kids which is what education should be about!!!

This post is part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holiday’s event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment